- Dubai/Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- September 2018
- Girls Trip
By far, the best vacation I have had in my life thus far. This says a lot because before, Disney World has always been my favorite place. Dubai was all that and then some. We had such a ball that I literally feel as though a week wasn’t enough. I could have certainly stayed for another 4 to 7 days. While it was the best trip, it was certainly the most expensive. It was worth every penny though. Surprisingly, I still came home with half of my spending money unspent.
We spent a day at a pool/day party, rented a yacht in the marina, visited the tallest building in the world: Burj Khalifa, The Atlantis, views of the only 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel, the beautiful Grand Mosque, Louvre Museum Abu Dhabi, The Gold Souk, Water show at The Dubai Mall, City Center, the amazing Desert Safari experience and made new friends in between.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- June/July 2018
- Family Vacation
I understand traveling could be viewed as a luxury, but I was amazed at how affordable Punta Cana was lol. This was my family vacation destination this year and we had an absolute blast. A place that everyone of all ages, from 2 to 60 thoroughly enjoyed. From dune buggies, beautiful beaches, parasailing, a party boat and some amazing rose wine, Dominican Republic was a great decision.
- Liberia, Costa Rica
- April/May 2018
- Birthday Vacation
Costa Rica was absolutely beautiful and humbling at the same time. Although we were right in the middle of the tropical rainforest, we were surrounded by a very under privileged area. We enjoyed horseback riding, zip lining, mud baths, hot spring, and massages on the beach to sum up this short getaway. I would highly recommend Costa Rica as a place to see. I also certainly plan to revisit in the near future.
“I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances, be more active, show up more often.” — Brian Tracy
Waking up in Costa Rica on this 30th day for my 30th year is a blessing in itself. May every year of my entire 30’s begin in a new destination as long as Allah grants me the will to do so 🙏🏽. May I never take the luxuries I have access to for granted. May I embrace every new experience and cultivate it for the enrichment of my life’s journey. Amen!
For the first time ever, I don’t want to be as vulnerable. Yet, I promise to always remain transparent. I’ve always written from my heart and shared the things I’ve experienced and what I have learned most from my previous year of birth. However, this year, I feel it’s time to move in a different direction. Becoming more private and embracing my life – the bad and the good alone, in hopes that it will block outer interference and push me to new levels and truly grow. I’ve been going through my saturn return since January and with 5 more months left – as my life continues to transform, I just want to be quiet. The battle I am facing with who I am as a person, how I feel, what I want and what I need, is not open for discussion with anyone else other than God and myself. There is still something I am in search of. I don’t have all the answers and to be honest, I don’t know what that something is. I know I carry myself with dignity and grace, but I promise I don’t have it all together. When you see me, understand, I am still trying to figure life out just like the next person. I didn’t even know who I was until a few years ago and now I don’t even feel like that person is me anymore. There are parts of me that have been sleep and I can’t play with time any longer. 🗣I NEED TO WAKE THE HELL UP! I felt fulfilled months ago and now the thought of being complacent is terrifying. Comfort has become scary to me because I never want to settle for the bare minimum. It’s time to move larger in life; make something more of myself; give more of myself. I’ve come so far and have accomplished so much to be where I am today, but I know there are things I need to be honest about and change within myself before I can transcend to this next level. I’ve slipped back into some old behaviors and I refuse to not learn the lesson, fail the tests and repeat the same old cycles.
On the flip side as I have gotten closer to this day, I’ve taken heed on how confident I am within myself. I spend way more time by myself nowadays. More often than I used to. I move at the beat of my own drum every single day and work on my own time. There is not one other person’s company I currently crave more than my own. I am at my most peaceful state when I am alone. Self love has become my main priority. There are so many things about me that I love, but there are just as many things about me that I am discovering that hinders my elevation. This period has been conducive to helping me identify with and shedding those behaviors.
“Calling yourself out on your own bullshit is primary self-care.”
– Ayishat A. Akanbi
To the people that have been patient and understanding with me as I grow through this next phase, I thank you so much. Your grace has been a lesson in itself. I pray that you are more pleased with the improved and healed me that is awaiting to greet you on the other side. Cheers 🥂 to 30: All the preparation is going to finally pay off because God is…!
30 Life Lessons I’ve Learned In 30 Years
- Everyone is growing. You either grow with or outgrow each other.
- Meditation will change your life.
- Never be afraid to ask for assistance. We can’t do it all.
- Learn to accept constructive criticism without feeling attacked.
- People will say a lot without any action for as long as you accept it.
- Not everyone deserves access to your love.
- Your comfort zone is a dangerous place. Never remain complacent.
- If you’re not passionate about it, is it really worth the time?
- Longevity is key.
- Know your worth + add tax, and never compromise it.
- Continuously learn. You never know what doors a new skill will open for you.
- Look good and smell good, but don’t forget your confidence. It’ll take you far!
- Read often and watch how your vocabulary naturally advances.
- Experience is life’s best teacher.
- You can’t avoid setbacks but no matter the circumstance, you can bounce back.
- Learn the lesson to avoid repeating the test.
- Resilience/Dedication/Consistency will pay off. Don’t ever give up on your dreams.
- Don’t rush life trying to beat a time table. God has the final say.
- Be flexible.
- Spontaneity in moderation is a thrill worth feeling.
- Be honest with yourself and own your shit.
- Healthy love is the only option. Don’t let them convince you of anything less than.
- You can’t predict the future but you can take the necessary actions to create it.
- There is nothing wrong with seeing a therapist.
- You can’t change anyone other than yourself.
- Life goes on.
- People will pick apart your truth no matter what it is. Rumors/Opinions don’t deserve your attention.
- Self care is a necessity. You need time to recharge often.
- Never place your happiness in the hands of someone else.
- Everyone has their own definition of loyalty. Make sure you are knowledgeable of theirs.
When you refuse to pay attention to what life is saying to you, life will find ways to make its point very clear.
– Iyanla Vanzant
“whenever, wherever, 4 Live Crew will always be together”
Sidenote: It’s a blessing to have genuinely solid and loyal friends that you never have to question. This bond is sacred to me. I’m extremely fond of my friends and our camaraderie is the dopest.
This year has felt like a lifetime. Everything accelerated within a twelve month span. But had it not been for the tools that the previous years equipped me with, I wouldn’t still be standing confidently today. If I had to think of the biggest lesson I learned, it would be: 2017 taught me to stand in my power. I learned the truest meaning of independence and self confidence.
Thankfully, 2015 taught me to be fearless. With that characteristic, when a new opportunity presented itself to me in January of this year, that was something I’d never done before, regardless of whatever, I found the courage within myself to push through. Being forced completely out of my comfort zone with the new opportunity helped me to realize that I am someone I never knew I was. My self confidence is now on another level. Definitely a breakthrough in knowing that on the other side of fear is self discovery.
2016 taught me to be proactive. This became a benefit to me in August of this year when I felt as if my life was in shambles. There’s always an angle that I have thought of so just in case, I can cope and persevere through effortlessly. Everything that could go wrong DID go wrong in August, but it taught me the art of letting go. Whatever the universe was doing, I wasn’t fighting it this time. Let the chips fall where they may but I will always be alright.
As proven, in fact, I was alright. By November, life had turned completely back around and having the right attitude was beginning to pay off. Here it is December, and my opportunities are constantly flowing in. My heart is grateful because the truest lesson of opposition has taught me that I’m unbreakable. I have overcome so much in the last 8 years that the problems I face now, I handle effortlessly.
That love that I used to gloat about all 2016 and halfway through this year? Well, it went stale! Nothing bad happened. We’re still cool and he’ll always be a love that changed me forever. But I definitely learned a new lesson with love: there’s no such thing as right person, wrong time. If the timing is wrong, so is the person and you can’t live your life on pause for the timing to align. Two years of that bliss feeling but just because it didn’t turn out the way I thought it would doesn’t mean it didn’t serve it’s purpose. Ultimately, I think the lesson of meeting him was to show me at a time where I thought I’d never be able to move on to anyone after my previous love, is that my heart could still feel “bigly” for someone else. He’s still one of my favorite people to have known, and although our friendship might be distant, the memories are forever. No matter how your heart feels, make sure your mind is never clouded by it. I was so quick to label this relationship as a “life partner” or a “soulmate” when the timing of life just proved that it was a “karmic relationship”. The lesson from that is, you still don’t know the purpose of someone’s existence in your life and you can’t really define it until you have had a quality amount of involvement to look back upon.
Currently, my focus is on nurturing my career. So much to look forward to. I accidentally fell into my purpose at the end of 2016 while I was working a career that has been in my blood and I am so good at. Here I am now, juggling two careers, two different lanes and yet thriving in both. My income is now tied to purpose and passion and it’s honestly the greatest feeling.
Astrology keeps hinting at this time of my life being golden for partnership and marriage. I want to believe it but I’ve gotten way too excited too soon recently. If marriage & kids are for me, then I’ll gladly accept that role when the time seems fit. But where I am internally, even if the universe doesn’t see that, that life is for me, I am also at peace with it. I’m not desperate, rushing a biological clock or timeline because what I won’t do, is settle for bad decisions. I have learned to release control of what things “should” be and accept life for what it is. I’m not going to stop living my best life no matter what cards are dealt to me. This is my happy currently and it’s peaceful while I’m playing my hand to its fullest extent!
In retrospect I learned that I am a very powerful visionary and my level of determination is legendary. I became a new me in 2015, so as we are hours away from a new year, a better me is awaiting. I’ll still love, still laugh, still give my all, still maintain my peace, still travel, and make sure i’m guided into intelligent decisions, just on a progressive level.
May 2018 be a life evolving year in a positive way for us all ✨
In my opinion, if a person is loud about something, that is what they are most insecure about. I remember when I was in a not so good relationship. I constantly reminded everybody how so in love I was or how good we were by daily social media post, but that was furthest from the truth most of the time. There’s a thin line between insecurity and actually being proud of something. Nothing shows just how secure and at peace you are about something more than the ability to not have to show you are just that. When you actually have it, you don’t feel the need to be loud about it.
1. Exercise – healthy body, healthy mind. Moving into the body is a great way to promote healthy brain function as it releases endorphins and other chemicals which help to improve memory and cognitive function.
2. Vitamin B – linked to memory & mood. Being deficient in B vitamins can lead to a decline in our mental capabilities, some people even report having hallucinations as a result of having deficiencies in certain B vitamins. The best way to get these in our diets without supplementation is with turkey, beans, lentils & bananas.
3. Reading – learn from the greatest minds in history. Reading not only improves our ability to concentrate but it also allows us to acquire knowledge that can help us along our journeys from some of the greatest thought leaders of all time. Robert Green, Steven Covey, Frederick Nietzche & Napoleon Hill are authors that have shared great wisdom that has led millions to success.
4. Antioxidants – to combat free radicals in the body. Free radicals are chemicals that can be harmful for our cells, they can be accumulated naturally or with the foods we eat – the body’s defence against them is antioxidants. We can find antioxidants in foods such as red kidney beans, blueberries and cranberries – they also help to improve memory & problem solving.
5. Sleep – the body needs time to repair. The majority of us need 7-8 hours of sleep per day, during this time the body repairs itself and the mind can process the day’s events and strengthen the memory. Not getting enough sleep can cause us to have low mood, irritability and poor cognitive function.
6. Avocado – healthy fats. Avocados are made up of monounsaturated fats which are the good kind, these fats are used to create brain cells and they also increase blood flow. The brain needs blood to function optimally, so eating avocados can help greatly, they even help to reduce blood pressure.
7. Creativity – express yourself. Using the mind to create rather than just to get through the day-to-day stuff we go through improves our ability to think. Creativity also encourages other ways of thinking about problems we encounter because we are using different parts of the brain.
8. Vitamin E – a vital nutrient. Vitamin E is essential for brain health, a deficiency of E vitamins can lead to the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease as well as poor brain function. We can find Vitamin E in leafy greens, kiwis and nuts – adding these into our diets can help us to avoid mental decline in old age.
9. Meditation – clearing the mind. From approximately 8 years of age the left and right hemispheres of our brain begin to disconnect – meditation can help us to reconnect the hemispheres of the brain and promote whole brain synchronisation. Meditation also increases the brain’s ability to make physiological changes such as increasing grey and white brain matter – grey is for muscle control and sensory action & the white matter carries nerve impulses.
peace. love. & positivity.